Monday, April 5, 2010

When Goodbye is the best thing...


You were a surprise to me. I never realized how much I had been suffering until you walked into my life. I never realized how disrespected I had been, how unappreciated I was.
It started with a simple conversation. Of course Innocent enough. The kind of conversation that last for hours and it feels like the world has stopped. All that is left is you me and our thoughts and spoken words.
Then you were there when the world seemed to fall and crumble apart around me. That’s when you offered your arms, your warm smile, and those easy eyes. The ones that say I am here, nothing and no one will hurt you today. You can trust me. Then you gave me my first kiss. My heart and soul seemed to wake up from a long slumber that it has been trapped in. I started to smile again. I started to feel something in my soul. I was awake and realized what I had been missing all this time.
However, all that begins in magic ends bitter sweet.  For we both know it would never work. Life as always gives us complications. However this time life gave us the worst complication ever. You see, you don’t belong to me. Your arms belongs to someone else. Your warm smile is not meant to warm my heart and soul, and your eyes are not mine to look into. No…you are not mine.
However what makes matters worse…Is that I also don’t belong to you. I also belong to someone. Who I have promised my heart, soul, and hand in marriage to.   Yes we are both unhappy with are current situation, however we understand that life is not fair or just.
One of us has to say goodbye…because sometimes goodbye is the best thing. However I never said that goodbye was an easy thing, But I do know it’s the right. Maybe someday, in a different time and place, those arms, that smile and those eyes…will meet me again.  
But before I go there is something I never said, please allow me to say it now. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are okay *hugs* Always here if you need someone.

    ReplyDelete